GIORAS

Fear... 

I feel it gripping me!

We woke up yesterday morning, excitement running through our house.  In a few hours our whole family would head to the airport to collect our Nathan - after 6 long weeks of his being away!

I clicked on my computer to respond to a few messages and this is what I found:

Nairobi Airport ... BURNING

We spent the day trying to figure out where Nathan would end up... only to see that he was stuck in a country where the terror alerts had been heightened and the American embassy shut down...  

This morning, as I awoke, I had no idea where he was.  
No communication.  
Not where a mama likes to be!

As I sat to read and to pray, GOD brought me to this verse...

We actually named Nathan by this verse!

Nathaniel James GIORAS Matlack 
God Is Our Refuge And Strength - Psalm 46:1

I'm resting in THIS promise right now!!! 
 GOD knows right where Nathan is... He knows all the details that will bring him home!

God is Nathan's refuge and strength... and today, I'm claiming Nathan's verse for myself as well!



God is a safe place to hide,
    ready to help when we need him.
We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom,
    courageous in seastorm and earthquake...
Psalm 46:1-3

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. We just got a text - he is in TZ! So thankful to know he is OK... and getting closer!

      Delete
  2. And, just as I finished posting this blog, I got a text from Nathan!!! He is in Tanzania! Such a relief to at least know where he is - sounds like they will be sending them by bus up to Nairobi.... Thank you all for your prayers!!!

    We're at least all on the same continent now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rejoicing that Nathan is Once again Safe in the arms of his Family!
    God is truly our Refuge & Strength!!!!!
    may God continue to watch over & protect each of You as You remain in the center of His Perfect & Pleasing Will!
    Love You All. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Message that was sent as anonymous actually is from Keith ( Bertrum ).
    Love You All! B-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts