Thank you LORD for my "Angel"

Roger Caras once said: "Dogs have given us their absolute all.  We are the center of their universe.  We are the focus of their love and faith and trust.  They serve us in return for scraps.  It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."

Let me tell you about my dog Angel.

We picked her up at the pound and welcomed her into our home nine years ago.  She came into my life during a difficult transition time:  I had just lost a job, my band broke up, overall just feeling down and questioning God.  From day one she would come and wake me up at the crack of dawn and beg me to take her for a walk.  During that time I needed a good excuse to get up and start my day.  We would walk and run for miles.  Those walks encouraged me to pray and spend time with the LORD.  She was my Angel, getting me where I needed to be.  We spent a lot of time together and bonded right away.

She has always been a reminder to me of God's grace and unconditional love.  She has been a great friend to me and to our whole family.  She loves, plays with and respects the kids and when called upon has been a great security guard for Camie.  She truly has been a "best deal".


Are you wondering why I am telling you about my dog?  Well, for me it is not for a good reason and frankly I am emotional as I write this; but, we have decided for a number of reasons, that it would be best if Angel does not go to Africa with us (crying).  I need to find her a good home.


This has become part of the leaving things behind process.  Of all the things I could be sad and emotional about leaving behind, by far, my dog is the most difficult for me.  I apologize for anyone who thought you were farther up on the list.  I am sure the problem is me, not you. 


So, I am hoping to find a good home for Angel by May.  I can't just give her away to anyone. She's too special to me and I owe it to her to do my best in finding her a perfect new home.

She's a North American Shepard with some lab mix, about 10 yrs. old, great health, potty trained, still very playful. Loves her rope and tennis ball and likes to go for walks (twice a day). Not picky when it comes to dog food.  She does not get very many scraps but still begs.  One of her favorite treats is licking out the ice-cream tub when it is empty (we get lots of those around here) or pulling off the cap of empty, resealed soda bottles.  Angel's down-side: she sheds, howls when she hears fire trucks (actually this is pretty entertaining), won't listen to "stay" without a leash, she likes to disappear when you don't keep an eye on her (not so entertaining). I thought I should add, she no longer wakes me up at the crack of dawn.


If you are interested in adopting (free) Angel please drop me an e-mail or a phone call.


"Thank you LORD for letting me have Angel in my life as long as this.  She has been a great reminder of your awesome creation and unfailing love."


To leave on a happy, funny note:
 My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.  ~Joe Weinstein
 SDG,

-B

Comments

  1. I would take her. We love dogs. But I am sure that there is someone closer to home that she already has a connection with. Good luck, I hear your heart, and would be very sad to leave behind my dogs as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts