House Hunting

For the last seven weeks we have been temporarily renting a house from a missionary family that are on break back in the U.S. until the end of August. It has been a great provision for us as we have spent the last few weeks settling in and getting our feet wet.
We are currently praying about finding our own place where we hope to stay for the long-run.  Our hope is to find a home that is close to our daily routine, relative to Kenyan lifestyle and that also meets our expectations for safety and budget.
 I know that the LORD has a specific place in mind for us and desires that it is fitting for all five of us.  We have been praying on a list of wants, not necessarily needs, knowing that he cares about the details:
  • Walking distance to a grocery store
  • A yard for Sam to play in
  • A place where Nathan can play his drums
  • Abby to have her own room
  • Good internet access for Skype
One of the pastors on staff at Nairobi Chapel is helping us find the place.  I just sent him the list and he jokingly responded by saying he would look into the "presidential statehouse" for us.  Quite funny but I told him that even though I feel picky, I believe God has the perfect place for us.  He so agreed and told me that just this morning he was memorizing this verse: 

Acts 17:26-27 (ESV)

And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place,  that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him. Yet he is actually not far from each one of us,
 God cares about our dwelling place.  We are feeling our way towards him to find him actually not far away.  It is so good to know he cares about every detail in our lives. Please pray with us specifically over the next few weeks while we look for a home.

Comments

  1. Brad & Camie,
    I'll join you in praying for those specific things -- maybe a few extras too. :)
    I know from personal experience that God loves answering our specific prayers. I'm moving next week and when I was looking, I asked Him for a list of things I wanted. He totally came through for me. :)
    I'm excited to see what He does for your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts