Please Pray for Njoroge

I have been praying for Njoroge ever since we moved to Kenya, before we moved into Ngando and before I met him.  I finally met him a few months ago.  He lives in Ngando, our neighborhood.  He is a young man who struggles with drug addiction.  I found him sober today. We walked together for a while and struck up a great Jesus conversation.  He confessed that he wants to be free from drugs.  I offered to help him walk that road to recovery and shared my hope in Christ with him.  He listened with an open heart.
He's know around Ngando as the crazy drug addict.  Everyone knows him.  I could sense as we walked together that people were wondering why I would take the time to speak to him.  One man even asked, "why are you with Njoroge?" I responded, "He's my friend and I've been praying for him."
Just this morning I was reading the story of Levi the tax collector (Luke 5:27-32).
And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”  And Jesus answered them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.  I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.”
I am believing that if Njoroge follows Jesus it will not only impact his life but it will impact this entire community.  People are watching.  Please pray for Njoroge.
SDG

Comments

  1. sometimes people of peace come in funny packages--have you read brennan's memoir?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pray for Njoroge! definitely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts