Gathered here, in our little sanctuary... they call our Girls With Vision center the "office" 

 (not sure how it got that name!) - But they see it as their safe place.   

There we are sheltering a 15 year old and her 18 month old baby who had been kicked out onto the street...  There we make jewelry and encourage, train in soap making, help launch small businesses, host our discipleship class...  

 

Somehow, the hardships seem a little further away when we are together in this place!

 

Today, we gathered just to encourage one another.  

Stumbling over the words - some helping others who cannot read at all... my own mind soared with theirs as I listened.   One lady's voice rang out in that distinctive accent, with these words...

 

   For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.   In those days when you pray, I will listen.   If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. 

Jeremiah 29: 11-13...


Ahhh... what a promise!


 

One lady admitted that she is an alcoholic.  She tried to join our group 3 months ago, but the meetings were on Saturdays and she was always too drunk to attend.  Today she is trying again!

Another shared about her child - unable to go to school for lack of finances.  Another, through sobs, choked out a story of betrayal within her family...  and the sharing went on...

My mind went back - how many times have I read and heard those words... The Lord's plans are for good...future...hope...  Now they are taking on NEW meaning! 


I know that God is here - in our meeting... also hearing this heartache - hearing these ladies, ready to seek HIM... to find that hope in HIM...   GOD, please meet our hearts!!!
 
 


A generous Sunday School class of young children back in Tampa Florida reached into our "office" and brought joy... They had faithfully and even sacrificially given to collect and buy Bibles.  Yesterday, Tampa hearts touched some Ngando ladies in deep ways, as they wrote their names into the fronts of their Bibles... and held them close with joy.  

Kimberly Cragg, and all your faithful family and friends, THANK YOU!

 

 

Jeremiah 29:11-13

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.   In those days when you pray, I will listen.   If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Comments

Popular Posts