Exactly what WAS the sin of Sodom?

Ezekiel 16:49

49 Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, excess of food, and prosperous ease, but did not aid the poor and needy.


 These pictures take on a whole new meaning, when this is the home of friends, ladies that I see on a daily basis, as they struggle - to provide... to love their children well... to know GOD at a deeper level.  I am so thankful that we can walk by their sides!


Yes, this verse from Ezekiel has haunted me since I read it about a month ago.   As I examine myself, will you join me?  

How can we "help" this community?

No, we don't need a team to come and pick up all the trash... the trash, to me, speaks of hopelessness.  Families that can't see their way out and have just given up hope.

Our friends need to walk with people who can show them the GOD of all HOPE.  The God who sees them in their need, loves them, and wants a relationship with them!

Cleaning up the trash is easy... 
DISCIPLESHIP takes time... 
and walking with hurting people HURTS!

"Our perspective should be less about how we are going to fix the materially poor and more about how we can WALK TOGETHER, asking God to fix us both."
Brad Matlack 



Comments

Popular Posts