I WANT to Change!


She's here... and she's SOBER!

We rejoiced together as another Wednesday of Bible study came and Shiku joined us again!

Today, we knew we would have a special conversation with her.    Girls With Vision will be closed for much of December, as many of the ladies will be traveling up-country to their family homes.   Shiku is the one we have been praying for, as we think about that month - not wanting to loose any ground in the growth that she has made.

As we sat down together over sodas and a snack, we asked, "What are your thoughts about your future?"  Shiku burst into tears. 

She shook as she sobbed... I want to change!

 And, GOD hears!


 My own mind flits back to my impatience this morning - my lack of forgiveness in a situation that happened last week.  I want to change too!

And we point ourselves back to our only source of HOPE.   

Shiku prayed with us this afternoon... 
in a quiet corner of a little restaurant in Ng'ando, 
a prostitute... 
a drunkard... 
a woman who is LOVED by a GOD who has actually been pursuing her - even in her lost state... 
...Shiku found HIS love!

Click here to hear about the DAY WE MET SHIKU

These are the verses we left with Shiku - God's promise to her - and to me today!

Isaiah 43

When You’re Between a Rock and a Hard Place 

    But now, GOD'S Message...
The God who made you in the first place...
“Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you.
    I’ve called your name. You’re mine.
When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you.
    When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down.
When you’re between a rock and a hard place,
    it won’t be a dead end—
Because I am God, your personal God,
    The Holy of Israel, your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you...
That’s how much you mean to me!
    That’s how much I love you!
I’d sell off the whole world to get you back,
    trade the creation just for you.


Girls With Vision -FIRM  FOUNDATIONS - meeting

Comments

Popular Posts