I'm Changed!!!



"I'm changed!"
"I'm changed!"

She exclaimed it over and over... then told us all what had happened.  The night before, she had been paid.  She took the money to the shop.  Bought vegetables and ugali, and went home to cook for her household.

Doesn't sound like such a big deal -until you know her story.

She joined our Addiction Assistance group back in February.  Since then, she has come to almost every meeting... drunk.  She came to our beadwork room, and even rolled paper beads.  But, she was most often the one who started fights, or stole others' work.

Then, about a week and a half ago, she came to us, broken.  This life is over for me.  I HAVE to stop drinking.  

Since then, she has been sober every day.  Gentle.  Helpful.  GOD is at work in her heart!!!

Yesterday, during our daily Bible study she recognized it herself... "I'm changed!"

This morning, as I reflect and praise GOD for His work in her life, I had to reflect on my own life as well... because this transformation is for ALL of us!  How am I growing?  Can I see growth in my life? 

God, please keep on changing me!!!

"Our perspective should be less about how we are going to fix the materially poor and more about how we can WALK TOGETHER, asking God to fix us both."
Brad Matlack



Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.  Romans 12:2







 

Comments

Popular Posts